Food in India is one of the reasons that attract tourists from all over the world. However, the taste is different as to what you’ve been eating in your country and to the one found in India. If you happen to be traveling the north part of India, then consider trying out these items.
1. CholeBhature – Spicy chickpea curry served with whole wheat puris along with raw salad and chutney is what cholebhature is all about. It’s a very popular dish that can be had either as a breakfast, or lunch.
2. PaniPuri – A very popular street served with baby fried balls, chickpea, and mashed potato filling. Before you have it, you can ask the server to top it with either sweet or spicy or a mixture of both sauces. The majority of the North Indians love to have this before heading home for dinner.
3. Tandoori Chicken – Marinated chicken made in the tandoor (oven) and then served with salad. For marinating the chicken; yogurt, spices, and butter is used to make the chicken soft and delicious. You can have it with Indian bread such as roti or naan or just on its own.
4. Chicken Tikka Masala – Thick gravy served with marinated chicken that is spicy and yet delicious. Have it with nan, roti or rice however, just make sure you can handle the hot spice.
5. GulabJamun – Gulabjamun is nothing but frying of small balls made from dough and then dipped in sugar syrup before served.
Make sure you book your tickets from the best tour operators in India.